For over 20 years, Dougherty & Company Insurance Services, Inc. has served our community as a local, trusted independent insurance agency. We have been fortunate enough to do so by recruiting only the highest quality individuals and supporting their professional development through personal training, continuing education classes and insurance designation programs. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a member of our team, please review the information below concerning career opportunities at Dougherty & Company Insurance Services, Inc. Please submit your resume to Chris Dougherty at Dougherty & Company Insurance Services Inc. by:
418 E Baltimore Avenue
Media, PA 19063-3840
Sales position requiring thorough knowledge of insurance products skills and advanced communication. Capable of creating relationships and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts as well as retaining assigned book of commercial lines business.
- Bring in new business revenues by calling on prospective clients to assess their needs, secure interest in, propose and sell risk management services.
- Compile lists of prospective clients to provide leads for additional product sales.
- Contact and qualify prospective clients, recommending amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances.
- Call on existing policyholders to deliver and explain policy and to suggest additions or changes in coverage.
- Create and nurture long-term relationships with underwriters and clients.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the communities we serve.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
Highly competitive compensation package including base salary, benefits, excellent commission schedules, and bonus opportunities. Account Representative — Personal Lines Department
Licensed full time agent managing personal lines book of business
- Maintain and develop personal lines business to agency standards
- Represent agency in a professional and positive manner
- Work in a team atmosphere
- Maintain a good working relationship with companies we represent
- Maintain a commitment to new business sales through cross-sales and Referrals to commercial and life producers
- Maintain files and appropriate documentation
- Process and bill policies, amendments and endorsements
- Answer client questions promptly and efficiently
- Pre-renewal surveys of coverage
- Continuously improve product and coverage knowledge
- Process and follow up on claims
Work with customer service representative to ensure most efficient
Personal Lines Manager or Vice President
Opportunities for Additional Income:
- Sales of personal or commercial lines business
- If licensed, sales of life, disability and long term care insurance (less income if not licensed)
- The possibilities are limitless, but it is expected that time spent on producing additional income will be in addition to the regular work schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Agency provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or status as a member of the Uniformed Services of the United States in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, the Agency complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please click here to contact an Dougherty & Company Insurance Services Inc. professional, or call us now at 610-566-8710.
We will be glad to help you with any questions you may have.